Here's the latest version of your plugin.
The previous versions are available here!
February 27, 2021 v 1.206
- Fixed main knob "fine" ratio
February 27, 2021 v 1.205
- Added hold time before returning to zero on suspend
- Improved AUTO achieving target
- Improved update checking (sometimes could cause freezeing)
- Fixed: delay was sometimes reset on reloading project
- Updated the manual
February 24, 2021 v 1.201
- Improved AUTO behavior on short RMS times
- Updated the manual
February 23, 2021 v 1.2
- Improved AUTO/suspend comparison behavior
- Fixed possible issue with groups display
- Minor GUI changes
- Updated the manual
February 11, 2021 v 1.192
- Improved meters performance
- You can now choose Auto adjustment speed: Classic (Slow), Normal, Fast
- You can now save default group RMS time and filter type (right-click on them)
- Fixed error with UTF chars in userdir
February 10, 2021 v 1.191 (beta)
- Improved loading time
- Reorganized 'options' menu
- Fixed default pan law
- Fixed "Compensate" button behavior
February 09, 2021 v 1.19 (beta)
- Greatly improved RAM and CPU usage. GainMatch now is x3.5 to x7.5 times lighter on the CPU and uses up to x9.5 times less RAM (depending on the settings).
- Shortened the right-click menu, now it contains only the most frequently used options. A full list of options (for current instance) can be found in the "Options" menu (dropdown icon in the toolbar). Global default options (for new instances) can be found in "Global Preferences -> For new instances...".
- New icon for "Global preferences" (the `cog` icon on the toolbar). Everything related to global and default settings is there. Also accessible via shift+right-click on an empty area.
- Option to "Save as default (for new instances)" to quickly save current options as default.
- New combo Scale/Opacity icon (right-click to toggle)
- Option to "Keep 'Delay' visible": display 'Delay' even when not 'listening before'.
- No need to select delay buffer size now, it is adjusted automatically. Delay detection can detect delays up to 900000+ samples and it also detects the polarity of the signal.
- Now you can auto-detect delay for new "After" instances upon inserting ("Global Preferences -> For new instances... -> Auto-detect delay for new after")
- You can also enable "Auto" or "Auto listen gain" for new instances upon inserting
- "Delta" is now displayed as a separate button (you can display it from the menu). You can still use shift+click on "Listen Before" to temporarily toggle "Delta".
- New "Listen polarity" indicator/control (hidden by default). Polarity is detected during delay detection.
- Added short crossfades while switching before/after/delta to prevent clicks
- Fixed possible issues related to "reverse-linking" (unexpected gain changes upon reloading when instances were linked).
- Now in "Before" you can see if the gain is linked to "After". Click to unlink.
- Now loudness calculation for Before-After with delays is sample-accurate (it was block-accurate before).
- Slightly bigger group menu items when using only 8 groups (fewer groups = better performance)
- Improved "Fine" resolution on "Sender Gain" and "Gain" knobs (when holding shift)
- Buttons "Auto", "Compensate" (the difference), "Detect delay", "Listen before" and "Delta" can now be controlled via MIDI-notes (right-click to learn MIDI note, hold Shift to "unlearn")
- These parameters can also be exposed or hidden from DAW (to prevent saving their state in DAW automation/history). See "Global Preferences -> Expose to DAW..."
- Reworked checking for updates: improves performance, shows notification icon in the status bar.
- Added option to wait for enough audio after suspending in before-after mode - can be useful when GainMatch is used on different tracks
- Auto adjustment speed is now slightly faster on differences > 3dB
- (experimental) Auto 'turbo' mode - speeds up auto adjustment x2 times
- "Listen gain" auto adjustment now takes 1 second.
- New "Ear protection mode" (enabled by default) prevents loudness spikes when 'Auto' adds too much gain (over +6 dB).
- It is now possible to set separate positive and negative limits for 'Auto' mode (so that it doesn't increase gain too much)
- 'Auto' state is now preserved when switching modes
- Manual gain adjustments now don't disable 'Auto' (an old behavior can be enabled via "Global Preferences -> Other global settings -> Disable 'Auto' on manual adjustments")
- New 'Auto' option: Return gain to 0 on suspend comparison (disabled by default)
- You can now choose to display delay in samples/milliseconds/beats.
- Added warnings when Listen gain or Listen mix are hidden but not set to 0db/100%.
- Fixed Ableton Live freezing on first save if GUI is opened
- Improved Mono to Stereo behavior. You can choose the correct "Pan law" in Global Preferences (set the same pan law as in your DAW).
November 19, 2020 v 1.13
- Now right-clicking on the "plugin menu" icon opens global settings (it's the last icon in the toolbar, the dropdown arrow)
- Improved delay detection for longer delay times, added hints when delay detection fails.
- Improved: when there's a senders conflict (two 'Before' in one group) now only one sends audio to 'After'.
- Improved Mono/Stereo behavior
- Updated the manual
- Fixed possible issues with restoring gain value upon reloading project
- Fixed Gain Resolution not working correctly
November 17, 2020 v 1.12
- Plugin was renamed from "LM GainMatch" to "GainMatch" (more than half of users voted for that). Please, remove the old "LM GainMatch" plugin if you're updating from earlier version.
- Now you can turn on/off "Delta" while pressing "Listen before" and holding Shift of Ctrl
- Increased "Fine-tune / diff correction" range to +-60 dB for extraordinary uses (like "make `After` 30 dB louder than before")
- Added option "Wait for enough audio in target loudness mode after suspend" (enabled by default, added to "Suspend comparison" menu). Useful when your track has silent areas, and you're using target loudness mode: now after silence it waits until enough audio was analyzed (the RMS time, 3 sec by default) to measure the loudness correctly.
- Now when copying plugin in the DAW the group is preserved when possible (only the Before/After mode changes)
- 'Fine-tune / diff correction' behaviour is now more intuitive: increase it to make "After" louder
- Improved delay detection stability when using with plugins like reverbs and delays
- Fixed: global trim setting was not applied to new instances
- Fixed: 'Listen button' not working in Logic
- Fixed `Group RMS time` control behaviour
- Fixed UI problems in Universal Audio LUNA
- Fixed issues with non-English paths to user directory
November 08, 2020 v 1.1
- Reorganized right-click menu. You can now quickly access "Global settings" holding Ctrl or Shift + Right-click.
- New dark skin theme. Can be enabled from Global settings -> Look and feel
- New (optional) larger width to better fit Pro Tools plugin window (also in the 'Look and feel' menu)
- New popup menu to select the group. More compact, shows group colors and if there is "before" or "after" in the group (such groups will be half/full colored). Old-style menu is still available - can be selected from the "Look and feel" menu or right-clicking on groups.
- Number of groups can be increased up to 64 (more groups require more RAM/CPU). Save and reload project after changing number of groups. Global settings -> Number of groups or right-click on groups
- In 'Listen before' it's now possible to adjust the gain of monitored 'before' signal, so that you can not lower the 'After', but raise the 'Before' while listening. It's nice when your mixes are ready and you don't want to ruin the balance. To enable right-click on 'Listen button' or go to 'More settings -> Listen before options'. The auto-mode for 'Listen gain' has a square LED icon and also it's own tolerance and limit settings.
- 'Delta' option (right-click on 'Listen before' to enable). Inverts phase of the 'before' signal and sums with 'after'.
- "Peak" mode for Target loudness mode. Can be useful for short samples like drums or in other cases, when you want to match to the maximum peak level instead of average loudness. Click on the peak value to reset it.
- Option to measure the "Before" loudness after the gain knob (Measure 'Before' loudness after knob). Can be useful in some scenarios (by default the loudness is measured before 'Before' and after 'After').
- 'Fine-tune' the gain difference (right-click on the difference knob or More settings -> Difference options). So if you feel that the compensated signal is too soft or loud, you can adjust that.
- 'Gain resolution' (global option) can be changed from 0.1 to 0.01 dB. Requires saving/reloading session.
- Option to 'Switch to Neutral if no Before for 30 seconds' (in Global settings). So now if you remove the 'Before' instance the 'After' instance will go to 'Neutral' automatically (to free the group and use less CPU).
- Improved sending audio between tracks (when sender and receiver are on different tracks in the DAW). If you experienced dropouts in this mode, increase the delay in the receiver plugin (displayed when "Listen before" is enabled). Set this delay to multiples of your ASIO/soundcard buffer size, so if your buffer is 512 samples, set it to 512 or 1024 etc. Also you can right-click on "clock" icon (delay detection trigger) and select "Report delay to host". Now this instance of plugin should be delay-compensated by the DAW and your audio will be aligned.
- Improved delay detection. Now it should be more consistent and also work with plugins that introduce large delays (greater than 48000 samples). For detecting large delays you may need to increase "Delay buffer size". Right-click on "clock" icon or Right click -> More settings -> Global settings -> Delay buffer size. The `Delay buffer size` should be a bit higher than the maximum delay you plan to detect. Also keep in mind that bigger delay buffers require more RAM & CPU. You may need to re-detect delay in sessions saved with old GainMatch
- Sender is now aware of the delay offset in receiver to calculate loudness with delay
- Slighly increased "Listen before" button for easier operation
- Fixed writing automation in Logic
October 16, 2020 v 1.06
- AAX format added for both Mac and Windows
- Added option "Check for updates (every two weeks)" into Global Settings
October 11, 2020 v 1.058
- Fixed "Auto" and "Listen" were turned off upon reloading project
- Fixed "Auto" was turned off when duplicating a track
- Fixed automation in "auto" mode was not written in Cubase 10.5 and Studio One (note that in these DAWs the plugin GUI has to be open for writing automation)
- Windows: fixed rare issues with saving authorization
October 09, 2020 v 1.056
- Mac: Fixed AU validation on MacOS < 10.12
- Windows: Downloaded zip-file now has new folders structure with links to VST3 locations (please, remove previous GainMatch installation first)
- Fixed possible issue with font loading
- Windows: renamed get_url.exe into lm_update_check.exe (this file is used to check for updates every two weeks, you can remove it to disable update checks)
- Fixed crashes in Wavelab 10 related to transport info
September 23, 2020 v 1.05
- Mac: signed and notarized for latest Mac OS
- Mac: now distributed in DMG, minor fixes in Mac packages
September 18, 2020 v 1.03
- Improved GUI loading speed on MacOS
- Fixed: plugin folder could be located in wrong place on some systems
- Fixed: possible crashes on initializing
September 16, 2020 v 1.02
- Added 'Suspend comparison' option: stops comparing `before` and `after` when input signal is below -60dB, -30dB or never (always compares). Useful when in `auto` mode and the signal is silent. Right-click -> More options -> Suspend comparison
- Fixed: gain knob position was not properly restored after reloading
- Fixed: proper operation on Mono tracks
- Improved: Auto gain tolerance increased up to +-10dB